Effective, efficient and robust financial management is essential in all schools and drb Schools and Academies Services is here to support you in achieving this.
drb will work with you to define your Strategic Financial Management requirements, recommend the bespoke service that meets your needs and complements your internal finance team.
These professional services can be purchased as required, with a time allocation dependent on the level of support needed.
Our consultants are familiar with many school’s financial management systems including SIMs, FMS and CMIS. They can:
- Support with transition from one management system to another.
- Support with reinstatement of lost financial data
Below are examples of drb’s Strategic Financial Management support:
- Strategic School Business Manager Service
- Annual budget planning linked to your school development / improvement plan
- Multi-year staffing projections and modelling
- Production and presentation of financial management reports to SLT and Governing Body
- Premises support including project management
- Completion of financial returns to LA and DfE
- Advice and guidance to schools in financial difficulty, including deficit recovery plans
- Cheque-book advice and guidance
- EPA advice and guidance
- Order and invoice processing
- Audit preparation and compliance
- Teaching Schools – business planning and consultancy
- Best Value and Policy Review Service
- Meeting the requirements of the Schools Financial Value Standard
- Regular budget monitoring meetings with Headteacher or School Business Manager
- Policies and Procedures Production
- Training and Staff Induction